Presenting a biblical perspective on astronomy—”for signs and seasons” (Genesis 1:14)—this artfully illustrated book gives students a deeper look at the sun, moon, and stars.
- Dedicated chapters on the sun, the phases of the moon, the signs of the zodiac, the cycle of the year, and the planets
- Explorations of how astronomy impacts calendar-making, time-keeping, and navigation
- Appendix with over 50 hands-on and observational activities
- A detailed glossary to familiarize students with various terms
- References about astronomy from classical literature throughout (Aristotle, Ptolemy, Cicero, Dante, Chaucer, Homer, Virgil, and many others)
225 pages with index and astronomical tables